Targets claim over forced adoptions is the title of a METRO article that invites comments. It refers to a BBC article and BBC Radio 4′s Face the Facts programme:
- 1,300 babies under a month old are now being adopted every year, compared with 500 when the present Government came into power
- Social Workers told the programme that they were being put under pressure to meet the Government adoption targets set in 2000 and that parents are not being given a proper chance to challenge adoptions because of the time limit on appeals and the secrecy within the family courts.
The article contains excellent quotes. Here from family law solicitor Sarah Harman:
Secrecy breeds bad practice, it breeds suspicion. It feeds parents’ sense of injustice when they have their children removed that they’re not able to talk about it. They’re not able to air their grievances. Children have been removed from their families unjustly. There’s no two ways about that.
And from a social work manager with 25 years experience in child ‘protection’:
People will find that their children have been removed and freed for adoption without them having had a proper chance to defend themselves and their families and their children.
As McKenzie Friends we managed to get children back by attending meetings with Social Workers, before things ever got to courts. It seems to have helped to remind them of their stated goals and objectives, besides possibly expressing some outrage.
- Child snatching: the ethical battleline between mainstream and online media (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- How Social Services are paid Bonuses to Snatch Babies for Adoption (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday, March 6th: World Wide Peaceful Protest against Child Abuse (publicityonline.wordpress.com)
- Child Snatching in the Air: Edge Media TV and other videos (victims-unite.net)
- How Judges trample on the rights of children: nearly 900 a month are being snatched! (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- The Tragedies of Cornel Brown & Nicola Thatcher – video on children abused by Social Workers (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- The truth behind the adoption system in Wales (victims-unite.net)
- The White Rose Blog publishes 72 Child Deaths due to 45 Social Services (publicityonline.wordpress.com)
- The White Rose (Munich, 1942) – a virtual reincarnation due to Family Court Corruption in the UK (victims-unite.net)