The road from ‘victim’ to starfighter, campaigner, McKenzie Friend and Advocate, Litigant’s Friend or Public Interest Advocate is paved with LOTS of shocks as ‘waking up therapy’ or ‘truth emergency’ as Global Research calls in this recent article.
This website is an admirable ‘fledgling resource’ – with the following ‘take away messages':
- we need Friends to ‘process’ the shocks we’re experiencing, as we’re waking up to the fact that the authorities are NOT here to help
- we need to know what is our REMEDY, i.e. which legal form needs to be sent to which authority; the library of forms is here
- the most effective process is a Judicial Review in your local County Court, for £25.
- In practice, we need
- C100 to apply for CONTACT with our kids
- N244 to apply for ANY kind of ORDER
- an Appellant’s Notice, if we want to APPEAL an Order
- N461 to apply for a Judicial Review.
This means we now have to learn to help each other writing Judicial Reviews. It implies using LEGAL ARGUMENTS and often referring to ‘precedent cases’.
- Judicial review should not become a casualty of an economic war (thetimes.co.uk)
- Government’s ‘war’ on Judicial Review panned (ukhumanrightsblog.com)
- Judicial review is increasingly essential, judges warn government (guardian.co.uk)