It’s a challenging role, to do for victims of fraud what solicitors and barristers don’t do: help you such that you win.
For the adversarial system of the legal profession seems to be happy to appear to be fighting each other, as long as they get paid, no matter whether you win or lose. And when your opponent is a Local Authority, a bank or the Police, you will most definitely not win. Worse: you will have to be put into prison to be silenced.
McKenzie Friends are motivated by passion and empathy, not by money. So they help selflessly. In 2009, they got Maurice Kirk out of a psychiatric clinic where he was doomed to incarcerated for life.
Meanwhile, Elizabeth Watson has seen HMP Holloway from the inside, because she had helped Vicky Haigh in the role of a McKenzie Friend. But Vicky got imprisoned for THREE years (!), for supposedly violating a ‘non-molestation order’. How to get her out now, is a tall order for McKenzies.
Similarly, a number of us have helped the Musas as McKenzie Friend, and but they were imprisoned anyhow and now have a legal time for the criminal allegations.
Given the absence of legal representation in the secrecy of the family courts, we are helping and learning by doing…
May McKenzie Friends become a force for good: sooner rather than later – especially as Public Interest Advocates. For the public interest doesn’t seem to interest anybody in the court cases that I have come across…
- McKenzies coming to the Rescue of Litigants in Person and Parents whose Children got Snatched (victims-unite.net)
- Maurice in Haringey Court courtesy of Child Snatchers (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- Nigerian nurse in Holloway: such conditions would not be tolerated in her own country (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Visiting Prisoners as “Social Life with Meaning” – while Express unearthes this National Scandal (victims-unite.net)
- Are there human rights for Prisoners in the UK??? (victims-unite.net)
- Another “honey trap”: Maurice was asked to be witness so he could be arrested (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- It’s the Whistleblower Treatment: first prison, then sectioning to avoid trials, especially juries! (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)
- Podcast: Shaun O’Connell (researchingreform.wordpress.com)
- The Most Evil and Corrupt of all Child Snatching Cases in the UK (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)