Would S.C.O.T. UK have bothered to get banners made, leaflets printed, if ‘the clarity of the law’ was applied and working?
Here it is as a pdf file, should you have problems with the image files.
MIND THE GAPS, Mr Cameron and Mr Timpson MP:
- between the Minister’s fantasyland and the reality of suffering families;
- between ‘the law’ and those who ignore it;
- between ‘realities’ on paper and children screaming to be heard in ‘real life’!
Writing your interpretation of the law down, doesn’t mean it’s applied! Since you don’t seem to know that, let us tell you, Mr Timpson MP!
We’ll also put this Battle Bus on the road to provide a ‘rolling haven’ for parents who are grieving for their children!
However, as ‘parent in proceedings’, you can use this letter to put Social Services and Judges into their place! You may find it useful to quote these phrases:
Para 3: local authorities cannot, and should not, remove children without first referring the matter to a court.
Were your kids taken without paperwork???
… the courts must consider all the evidence and then conclude that there is reasonable cause to believe that the child is suffering from, or is likely to suffer, significant harm.
Was your ‘evidence’ flawed / fabricated or simply ‘bought’?
…the authority will work … with a view to the child returning home.
Was your child promised to be returned?
Para 4: In many cases the child will be able to return home to their parents.
Oh, really? Why do people demonstrate, sign petitions, join groups, make videos and publish websites?
Para 6: The court’s paramount consideration is the welfare of the child.
How come this multi-million industry has emerged???
Regarding the media being allowed to attend court hearings: how are they expected to find out about them?
Why would some hearings exclude also the media?
Questions to victims and McKenzie Friends:
- Who has experience with the complaints procedures of their local council?
- And the Local Government Ombudsman?
- Will you let us know what happens when you quote this letter in court proceedings or written statements, i.e. when you REMIND people of the law and hold them to it?
- SHE WINS in Court but gets beaten up in Prison: Email to Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe (victims-unite.net)
- Speech: Edward Timpson speaks at the Association of Directors of Children’s Services (ADCS) conference (gov.uk)
- More Money For Adoption Agencies, But The Only Hands We See Being Held Are Not The Children’s. (researchingreform.net)
- VIDEO of House of Commons Meeting and Condemning the Court of Protection (mckenzie-friends.co.uk)
- RETURN our STOLEN CHILDREN: Downing Street, 1pm – request by Protesters and Petitioners (victims-unite.net)
- More than 4,000 children are waiting to be adopted (itv.com)