- Systemic Patterns of Child Snatching and Forced Adoptions in the UK
- Dossier of Online Evidence
- 6-minute oral presentation with slides
- online petition with over 3,800 signatures by now.
They considered it ‘admissible’, i.e. it falls within their ‘remit’ and they will take responsibility – contrary to our petition to the UK Parliament, where nobody has responded:
As a first step, the Committee has requested the European Commission to conduct a preliminary investigation. The Commission consists of permanent civil servants, whereas the Committee consists of elected MEPs. Following the MEP election, the Committee has just been newly formed.
Secondly, the Committee felt that it is important to contact UK national authorities.
Thirdly, the Commissioner Mrs Viviane Reding was to be contacted.
Hence I wrote to the new Chair Cecilia Wikstrom MEP:
Dear Cecilia Wikstrom MEP
Please find attached the letter from your predecessor Erminia Mazzoni MEP regarding the petition that I presented on 19 March 2014, together with a delegation of 30 desperate parents of various nationalities residing in the UK: Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent.
This is to ask whether the Committee has had answers from
- the UK authorities
- the European Commission
- Commissioner Viviane Reding.
Please note the repercussions of our ‘pilgrimage to Brussels:
- Our delegate from South Wales tries to assist a village which wants to set itself up as a ‘Social Services free zone’, after 10 mothers got together whose 16 children were taken, including one who is 16 weeks pregnant and was told that her baby would be taken at birth.
- The Welsh father was penalised such that John Hemming MP tabled this Early Day Motion about Petitions to the European Parliament: http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2013-14/1239
- Upon returning from Brussels, the Portuguese couple was first arrested but eventually promised that the children would be transferred to a Portuguese institution. However, Lincolnshire Council wants to go ahead with the adoption and treats the parents now as criminals when they attend their bi-monthly ‘contact sessions’.
As McKenzie Friends (lay legal advisors and public interest advocates), we have also assisted a Lithuanian mother whose 6-year old boy is supposed to be handed to his abusive father by Brent Council, following a 34-page judgement by HHJ Million which ignores the judgement of the Lithuanian Supreme Court:
- Who protects this boy from his father’s ‘red banana’?
- A Polish father has just reported that his 8-year old girl had the foster carer’s boy’s penis in her mouth.
Therefore please hear our cries for help on behalf of the children in the UK:
- Channel IV publishes that a child is taken every 20 minutes!
- Can you ensure that the topic is dealt with URGENTLY?
At the 19 March meeting Committee Members also referred to a fact finding mission as has been carried out in Germany and Denmark before. I notice that the next meetings are scheduled for 24 September and 07 October 2014. Since the new Committee has now been formed, could you please let me know how we can give hope to all these parents?
With many thanks in advance,
Sabine K McNeill
Co-Founder, Association of McKenzie Friends
… Public Interest Advocacy while assisting Litigants in Person