In our attempts to draw attention to the plight of the some 1,000 families who are getting torn apart every month in the UK, I’m on “Brussels III”, i.e. my third trip to this remarkable complex of individuals and organisations, attempting to capture and live the Spirit of Europe – so admirably expressed by the Ode of Joy.
And in the spirit of net-working that I breathe in and out, I met a Romanian solicitor who appreciates what we’re going through. She has asked for Romanian victims of UK authorities to come forward. Please email me details on sabine AT globalnet.co.uk
The purpose of my trip was a meeting with the Fundamental Rights and Rights of the Child Unit of the European Commission, following a letter to myself and another one to the Petitions Committee indicating that they can’t do anything.
Well, following Peter Jahr MEP’s suggestions, I formulated these five questions:
- How can the UK be an EU member but not abide by the members’ rules?
The UK is the ONLY State in Europe where
- “Forced adoption” is taking place against the parents’ will: violating Art. 8
- Parents whose children have been taken by Social Services are ‘gagged’, i.e. threatened with prison if they dare to complain. 200 parents imprisoned a year admitted in 2006! Foreigners are deported, while their children are kept. violating Art. 6, 8, 10
- “Punishment without Crime” is taking place, since children are taken by Social Services from parents who have not committed any criminal offence. violating Art. 6
- Children are taken for “emotional abuse” and “risk of future emotional abuse”.
- Conversations between parents and children in care are censored. Children wonder what they have done wrong, as parents are forbidden to explain the situation, or discuss the secret court case. Contact between parents and children is stopped if they “transgress.” violating Art. 8 and 10
- The Systematic and Institutionalised Violation of Fundamental Rights comprises:
- 6, 8, 10 of ECHR: fair trial, family life and freedom of expression
- Article 15 of Brussels II – to inform foreign consulates and embassies about taking foreign children into care.
- Article 36 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations – to inform foreign consulates and embassies about any arrest.
- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child – not listening to children screaming to be heard.
- In the spirit of ‘the Rule of Law and Fundamental Rights’, could national institutions be monitored by pan-institutional watchdogs – Europe-wide?
- In the spirit of ‘making the EU more democratic’, could local ‘Human and Child Rights panels’ become ‘monitoring bodies’ – to include MEPs, MPs, local Councillors, child snatching victims, abuse survivors and McKenzie Friends to prevent violations of human and child rights?
- What else can the Commission do to apply European scrutiny to UK institutions? e.g. instead of investigating the satanic ritual abuse of children, the Police took them into ‘care’.
The photo omits Latvian Tatjana Zdanoka MEP, the initiator of our various attempts to put the UK on the agenda of the Petitions Committee, as she had to leave for her next meeting, and the assistant of Roberta Metsola, MEP for Malta, whose interview about the new ‘interest group’ on Children’s Rights and Well-Being prompted me into further action.
We spoke with
- Chiara Adamo – Head of Unit for Fundamental Rights and Rights of the Child
- Margaret Tuite – Policy Officer in the same unit
- Nathalie Stockwell – Policy Officer rights of the child
- Michael Shotter – Head of Civil Justice unit
- Joanna Serdynska – Legislative Officer – family law.
On the constructive side, I met quite a few more MEPs or their assistants and discovered that the ‘interest group’ of “Children’s Right and Wellbeing” is in formation.
But on the evil side, I have to report that Medway Council continues to bully and harass the father and son who had come to Brussels to petition:
- ‘UK subjects’ don’t have EU Citizen rights?
- UK citizens cannot petition the EU Parliament without being intimidated, punished and doing what no other EU Member state does: gagging.
I can assure you that most people in Brussels find it hard to believe what we have to tell them… But truth is stranger than fiction!
PS. Here’s a wonder-ful rock version of the Ode of Joy.