Dear Parents, Grandparents, Supporters, Activists, Campaigners and All Conscious Human Beings with a Heart, Morals, Ethics and a Conscience,
I can’t stress strongly enough how important it is to sign this petition that is targeted at Members of the European Parliament (MEPs). We just changed the title to illustrate the progress:
- from Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent
- to Protecting the Best Interest of the Child (across borders) in Europe.
- There is a unique window until the beginning of September, during which we as the electorate and internet community need to ensure that the topic will be scheduled for the whole of Parliament, i.e. 751 MEPs and the Council, i.e. Heads of State and Government of the 28 member countries!
- Scheduling requires the support of other political groups in addition to the largest European People’s Party that took the initiative with 5 MEPs.
- The email addresses of the leaders of these groups are among the recipients of the petition Protecting the Best Interest of the child (across borders) in Europe.
- Ever since I presented the issue for the first time, I have been met with shock and disbelief. But after many trips, three personal contributions and a number of written submissions, Vice-President Mairead McGuiness MEP said “the issue is above the radar” and it is! She is one of the 5 MEPs who signed the Seven Questions to the Commission and Five Questions for the Council that are to be debated!
- There are 6,500 non-UK kids taken into UK ‘care’ with blatant violations of international treaties. If we don’t rectify this now, who will?
- The worst of all child snatching cases is still being covered up and the pattern is expected to be continued: the children are going to be given to the father whom they accuse of horrendous crimes.
- A recent ‘expert’ report was commissioned by the EU Parliament on Adoption without Consent where former MP John Hemming explains injustice from the numbers.
- I’ve got the confirmation from Tatjana Zdanoka MEP to host the launch of my book Forced Adoptions – the European Dimension which includes my own case.
- Twenty-one petitions from the UK have led to this development. Let’s keep going!!! Together thanks to the internet!!!