EU Law is superior, says this judgement as precedent.
Wikipedia has an article on the Supremacy (or primacy) of EU Law.
- Fighting organised crime is priority 2 on this Press Release
- the Commission doesn’t seem to acknowledge that child snatching is a crime organised by the UK government in the secrecy of UK Family Courts.
Yet, the Slovak Embassy organised a meeting with
- 5 representatives of the EU Parliament
- Sir James Munby and top judges of the UK system
- published on Researching Reform – a very influential blog – here.
I heard from EU representatives that the UK acknowledged problems. The question is why do judges not adhere to directives, guidelines and treaties? E.g. Why did Justice Cobb who was present, decide that he had jurisdiction in this case of a 15-year-old boy who was in transit from Switzerland to Zimbabwe and had more problems in care than before???
Here are examples of how we communicated our grievances to the Commission – on behalf of families in the UK, whether EU citizens or other foreigners:
- my six minutes of passion before the previous Petitions Committee of MEPs in March 2014 about our petition to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent – accompanied by 30 parents three of them were punished for having been to Brussels;
- two subsequent presentations to the new Committee – one in support of a Bulgarian mother: November 2014 and January 2015.
- the petition amendment: Using the Secrecy of Family Courts to Cover-Up Criminal Activities;
- our report about the Discrepancies between EU Directive 2011/92 and UK Family Courts;
- our Crime Report handed to VP Frans Timmermans personally.
However, the topic will be on the agenda of the EU Parliament, if enough people sign our petition where I changed the title from Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent to
- Protect the best interest of the child (across borders) in EU Parliament and EU Council!
- PLEASE CLICK AND SIGN!!!
Please note also: the UK was issued
- an Infringement Notice against EU Directive 2011/92 in January 2014;
- we have been denied disclosure of this document;
- EU Directive 2011/92 is about combating the sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children and child pornography;
- the Notice was ‘closed’ in July 2015.
Channel IV publishes in their film on forced adoptions that a child is taken every 20 minutes.
The Council of Europe has produced two relevant reports:
- Human rights and family courts – November 2012
- Social Services in Europe: legislation and practice of the removal of children from their families in Council of Europe member States – January 2015
The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child has criticised the UK in this report:
However, we got this response on behalf of VP Timmermans by the Child Rights Unit:
- It promises a detailed response regarding UK Family Courts by 15 September 2015.
I also received this response on behalf of President Juncker by the Crime Unit:
- It cannot inform us about their work:
In the framework of our assessment exercise, we will have a closer look at your document which could prove quite useful.
But please understand that we will not be able to inform you about the outcome of our assessment.
The previous UK Secretary of the Petitions Committee said that the UK can’t have it both ways: be member of a club and not abide by its rules.
The Petitions Committee has scheduled its fact finding mission for September 2015. I shall welcome them with an electronic tag around my ankle… But I am ‘gagged’ and must not report, if I don’t want to risk prison…
Meanwhile I assisted a Zimbabwean mother trying to get her son returned to her, after he was taken into ‘care’ by LB Sutton. He was in transit from Switzerland to Zimbabwe, but a UK family court judge found in a secret hearing that the UK has jurisdiction, as described here.