This is the agenda of the workshop that was held between MEPs who are members of either the Petitions Committee (PETI) or the Legal Affairs Committee (JURI) or both:
- Pavel Svoboda MEP, ‘shadow rapporteur’ and Chair of the Legal Affairs Committee
- Cecilia Wikstrom MEP, Chair of the Petitions Committee
- Mairead McGuinness MEP, Mediator for International Child Abduction
- Sir Mathew Thorpe, former Head of International Family Justice for England & Wales
- Pawel Jaros, former Children Ombudsman for Poland
- Tadeusz Zwiefka MEP, Committee on Legal Affairs
- Gian Paolo Romano, University of Geneva
- Laura Martinez-Mora, Principal Legal Officer, Permanent Bureau of the Hague Conference on Private International Law
- Ruth Cabeza, family law barrister, International Association of Family Lawyers UK
- Nadjma Yassari, Max Planck Institute for Comparative International Private Law.
On this video you can hear Cecilia Wikstrom MEP’s report on the fact finding visit of eight MEPs to London between 8:18 and 16:19.
Sir Mathew Thorpe speaks as Head of International Family Justice for England and Wales from 20:19 to 37:00.
The significance of this event can’t be underestimated, as the ‘issue is above the radar‘ now. For good.