If you click on the image, you get to Parliament Live. The next reading will be on Wednesday at 3.45pm.
Lord Warner wants to ensure the integrity of the proposed ‘personal advisors’ by requesting:
- safeguards re performance standards
- vetting re suitability
- a public register.
He also mentions these examples from his work experience:
- a foster father sexually abusing a teenaged girl
- a catholic priest abusing young people in an adoption agency
- a care home manager caught in bed with a teenager – and later took his employer to court for unfair dismissal;
- care home staff practising so called ‘regression therapy’ encouraging children to sit on their laps.
The predators will always be around…
More about how you can help prevent the Bill from going through as a ‘pro-adoption’ and ‘pro-grooming’ mechanism on
The Bill originated from the Government, it seems that means the Ministers responsible for the Department of Education.