Children Not for Sale – the Black Hole in our Culture
19 April 2016: Interviewing Tatjana Zdanoka MEP
EU Parliament – Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent!
19 March 2014: With a Delegation of 30 Parents
11 Nov 14: New Committee of MEPs after Elections
27 Jan 2015: With Bulgarian Mother and Grandmother
Feed the Victims Fund!
With this button you can donate to the Victims Fund via PayPal. It serves to cover internet costs and to help victims emotionally, mentally, legally and financially.
- @educationgov #Children and #SocialWork Bill @UKHouseofLords: paving the way for predators?
- @coe Beyond #Brexit: monitoring the implementation of #EU Resolution 2016/2575(RSP) to Safeguard the Best Interests of Children across the @EU
- Judicial Review: What is meant by “totally without merit”
- @coe @MoJGovUK STOP the FORCED REMOVAL of CHILDREN from their PARENTS: Rising Trends in Care Statistics in UK, Germany and Sweden
- Save @NormanScarth #WWII Veteran and #McKenzieFriend from CPS, WYP and ICO
- @MoJ Who’s Afraid of #McKenzieFriends? Why? NO BAN on paid McKenzie Friends! #McKenzieAngels FLY!
- @MoJ Eradicating the needs for #McKenzieFriends? Our response to the Lord Chief Justice’s consultation
- #McKenzieFriends under the Looking Glass of supporting whom: the Court or Litigants in Person?
- @MoJGovUK Reforming the Courts’ Approach to #McKenzieFriends – first two submissions
- @coe @EU #EU Kids’ best interests must come first in cross-border custody cases, urge #MEPs
- @EU #EU Safeguarding Children’s Right across Europe: from Petitioning EU Parliament to Voting on a Resolution
- @MoJGovUK #Victims #McKenzieFriends and #LitigantsInPerson Unite! Consultation re Courts’ Approach to Lay Legal Help and Advocacy
- @BarnetCouncil No Costs to pay in the case of Melissa Laird! #McKenzieFriends
- @UKHomeOffice @MoJGovUK @cpsuk #McKenzie News
- Letter from HMP Littlehey #Survivor #McKenzieFriend #BrianPead re From #Hillsborough to #Lambeth
- 78,539 hits since Feb 2012
Category Archives: Right of Audience
The Lord Chief Justice‘s Consultation on Reforming the Courts’ Approach to McKenzie Friends came out on the day we won our ‘costs case‘: after we’ve been helping Melissa Laird in all sorts of roles in HMP Holloway, the Treasury Solicitor‘s Office … Continue reading
It is an interesting sign of our times: The Lord Chief Justice’s consultation on Reforming the Courts’ Approach to McKenzie Friends. Before we submit our text in the name of the Association of McKenzie Friends to firstname.lastname@example.org, here is: Natasha … Continue reading
Belinda McKenzie says she’s willing to go to prison to set a sign for the inappropriateness of us being financially penalised for doing pro bono work. I am beginning to be amused when I read another McKenzie Friend writing about … Continue reading
The first McKenzie Friend was created out of the need for legal help due to the lack of money to pay professionals in 1970. In 2009 I began acting as McKenzie Friend and web publisher for Maurice J Kirk BVSc. Since 14 October 2013, … Continue reading
This report covers four types of McKenzie Friends: one off helpers occasional and regular volunteers fee-charging ‘amateurs’ fee-charging ‘professionals’ Struck off lawyers may also turn into McKenzie Friends. The report aims at balancing between ‘access to justice‘ and ‘consumer protection‘ … Continue reading
LEARNING by DOING: how to assist Litigants in Person as McKenzie Friend – a lesson for us and the Courts
This is the Practice Guidance that shows that I should NOT have been kicked out of Lincoln County Court yesterday. Our introduction letters got us in as McKenzie Friends, but we didn’t get ‘right of audience’. As ‘web publisher’, I … Continue reading
#melissalaird in Court 18 @ the RCJ – on behalf of US mother deported whilst her only child is kept for adoption
The Queen on the application of Melissa Laird v. Secretary of State for the Home Department CO 9385/2013 Application for Judicial Review of Melissa’s deportation to the USA September Before Anthony Elleray QC sitting as a deputy judge of the … Continue reading
CASE LAW HM Prison Armley & Anor  EWHC 2269 (Admin) (26 August 2011) URL: ttp://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2011/2269.html Cite as:  EWHC 2269 (Admin) 1. … I was also asked to consider (by his McKenzie friend, Mr Jarvis) whether or not it … Continue reading