Submission from Deborah Mahmoudieh as a member of the Association of McKenzie Friends and McKenzie Angels in relation to present proposals for government reforms on the presence and practice of McKenzie Friends in UK courts and society:
Terminology: Should the term ‘McKenzie Friend’ should be updated to something that is easier to understand, like ‘Court Supporter’.
“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.”
The term ‘McKenzie Friend’ has its roots in British legal history and refers to a specific legal case: 1970 case McKenzie v McKenzie: “In that case, the husband was representing himself and wanted the help of someone who was not legally qualified in the English Courts. His request was refused. However on appeal, it was determined that having moral support in Court was part of being entitled to a fair trial under the European Convention on Human Rights. Any such assistants/supporters are therefore now referred to as ‘McKenzie Friends’.”
http://www.separateddads.co.uk/using-mckenzie-friend-court.html Continue reading
It is an interesting sign of our times:
Before we submit our text in the name of the Association of McKenzie Friends to firstname.lastname@example.org, here is:
- Natasha Phillips’ contribution of three salient points on her excellent blog Researching Reform;
- a McKenzie Friend’s text who wishes to remain anonymous and repeats all questions to be answered.
These are thus two good models / templates for you to submit your own response, or maybe just ‘general’ points.
Master of the Rolls Private Office
Royal Courts of Justice
London WC2A 2LL
REFORMING THE COURT’S APPROACH TO MCKENZIE FRIENDS – A CONSULTATION
I am writing to make representations regarding the “Reforming the Court’s Approach to McKenzie Friends – A Consultation”, currently being undertaken by the Judiciary Department of the Ministry of Justice.
My responses are under the question headings as set out in the consultation paper. Continue reading
MCKENZIE FRIENDS ON THE LINE, LANDMARK CASE!
Just to let you know, in case any within orbit might be interested to come along, that Sabine and I/the Association of McKenzie Friends are up in front of Mrs Justice Simler in the ROYAL COURTS OF JUSTICE, ADMIN COURT, THURSDAY 25 FEBRUARY. 2 hours have been allocated to the hearing but we don’t as yet know the time (the usual ploy to minimise the number of supporters in the courtroom, no doubt).
The issue basically is whether McKenzie Friends should be charged costs for assisting in litigants’ cases. The Treasury Solicitor is trying to get £2000 out of us for helping Melissa Laird, our US mum marooned in HMP Holloway alongside Gloria Musa in 2011-13, pursue a Judicial Review and avoid deportation back to the US while her then 5 year-old boy remained in the care of Barnet Council. (Yes, that Council and that judge yet again…).
She/we were unsuccessful and she was summarily put on a Virgin Atlantic flight on the morning of 12 September 2013 and dumped in Washington Dulles Airport in her wheelchair (she’d been roughed up in Holloway) without money or documents. The $200 I rushed over to Heathrow for her on the morning of her flight of course hardly went anywhere and had to be topped up several times over the following weeks. She was still living in the airport in by now freezing temperatures in December… Continue reading
It is hard to put into words: feelings of pain and suffering and the understanding of unconsciousness vs the evil intent of sadists and satanists. At the end of the week, this is therefore just a roundup. Links give you more insights, should you be willing to follow our journey of ‘gradual shock therapy’ until we oppose deception:
- the clerk of the Admin Court was used to hound Belinda and me – just as I’ve seen the Legal Services of Barnet Council hound the mother of the whistleblower kids. Are professionals ‘just doing their job’ to be nasty?
- Belinda McKenzie and I will be in the Royal Courts of Justice before Justice Simler on Thursday February 25th to defend
- on behalf of ‘victims’: the right to have representation;
- on behalf of McKenzie Friends: the right to act voluntarily without being charged ‘costs’ that Public Servants incur by hiring private barristers;
- on behalf of Litigants in Person: the right to have a witness and Friend of the Court and not just ‘professionals’ who may turn out to be rogue and corrupt.
- If you want to join us in the Public Gallery, hopefully making legal history, please check for the court number and time the day before on this link.
- Why bother to drag us into court, when we fill an ever widening gap between those who pay for Legal Services and those who can’t get them for whatever reason?
- In our efforts to put Children’s Rights First, it helps to have spoken with Jeremy Corbyn MP. He said clearly that he is “very interested” and brought in his caseworker who not only knew about the child ‘protection’ racket, but even satanist ritual abuse!
- It helps when I talk to my local MP and when McKenzie Friends and Angels talk to their local Labour MPs or candidates.
- Is it time for TRUE Labour at long last, even though paedophilia cuts across all classes and parties?
- Sarah Champion MP tries to help not only her constituents in Rotherham but generally prevent child abuse by having set up Dare2Care.
- The EU Parliament will debate forced adoptions and hopefully come together around a Resolution for the EU Council in March or April.
Posted in Acting as McKenzie Friend, Admin Court, Public Interest Advocacy, Royal Courts of Justice, Secrecy Family Courts, Stolen Children of the UK
Tagged Britain in Europe, Brussels, David Cameron, Europe, European Union, Euroscepticism, Jeremy Corbyn, John McDonnell, Labour Party (UK), United Kingdom