As one of 21 petitions from the UK and over 225 from Germany, our petition has progressed into:
- a fact finding mission having been scheduled to the UK for 05/06 November 2015
- a ‘working group’ being formed as a task force of the Petitions Committee
- changing the title of our petition to Protect the best interest of children (across borders) in EU Parliament and EU Council, as the topic is being prepared for wider discussions.
There are a number of online petitions that I have published on Victims Unite.
Here, I want to focus on
1. the online petitions to gather support for Abolition of Adoptions without Parental Consent – the original text submitted to the EU Petitions Committee – May 2013
- Stop Forced Adoptions in the UK – another ‘platform’ for online petitions – May 2013
- Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent – the most user friendly platform – June 2013
- Stop Secret Family Courts encouraging Forced Adoptions in the UK – May 2013
2. Children Placed in Foster Care – submitted to the House of Commons via John Hemming MP – September 2013 – our attempts to get a political solution that remained without response so far.
We have just received two letters by the responsible Minister Edward Timpson MP:
- I hope this reply is helpful – August 2013 – after 8 days of demonstrating outside Downing Street
- The government wants to keep families together – November 2013
The Secrecy of Family Courts should be lifted NOW! – the backbone to our activities and observations – May 2011
3. The punishment of parents for having petitioned the EU Parliament was formulated by John Hemming MP in this Early Day Motion.