When I introduced the petition to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent to the Petitions Committee of the EU Parliament, I was met with disbelief and MEPs asked for definitions:
- the term was coined by Ian Josephs who has assisted parents for over 50 years and who publishes www.forced-adoption.com;
- it means adoption without parental consent, i.e. judges in secret family courts decide to take a child away for life, irreversibly, as mentioned in this report;
- BBC South East published: Families flee UK to avoid forced adoption;
- BBC published Adoption: Thousands of Children forcibly put into care;
- Russia Today published: 2.5 Thousands of children forcibly adopted through secret family courts.
Former MP John Hemming is Chairman of Justice for Families and published on his blog on 02 November 2015: An analysis of the English Looked After Children Population.
He writes that 31% of children in care get adopted rather than the often quoted government figure of 7%.
Whatever way you want to put it, however, the system for the younger children has as its priority getting children adopted.